Israel - Bus driver assaulted by passengers, most passengers do nothing, children film attack on cell phone


A bus driver was brutally attacked by two passengers in Jaffa for no apparent reason Friday afternoon, as most people present in the bus watched on or filmed the incident, Ynet has learned.
 
Driver Alex L. told Ynet that an argument ensued after the two men boarded the bus, as one of the suspects presented a bus card that was not charged with any money. The man eventually paid with a NIS 50 bill.

"I returned his change in coins, and then all hell broke loose," the driver said.

The two passengers demanded the change in bills, but when Alex explained he only had coins they became violent.

"He threw the coins at me and swore. I realized I must stop at the side of the road so I slowed down on Jerusalem Boulevard," the driver said. "While driving I suddenly felt a powerful punch to the face from behind and I stopped the bus completely. Both of them forcefully pulled me out of the bus, and while I was lying on the sidewalk they kicked my body and face."

Alex lost his consciousness at some point, but remembers that almost nobody came to his aid as he was being assaulted.

"There were dozens of passengers on the bus and I remember some kids pulling out their cell phones and filming what's happening to me; one adult was also taking pictures," he said. "The only one who tried to break it up was an elderly Jaffa woman, and she too was hit by them. At one point they stopped hitting me, grabbed a few bricks, and hurled them at the bus windows. The passengers screamed in panic, and then the two fled into Jaffa."

Alex said nobody at the site called police or an ambulance, forcing him to stop a cab and heading to Wolfson Hospital himself.

"I don't get this indifference," he said. "Except for the woman and another older man who at the end came up to me with a bottle of water, everyone watched as if it's some kind of a show, including people on the bus, on the street, and at nearby stores."

Ynet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Huge Japan Quake Cracked Open Seafloor

Index for a million documents on Polish Jewry to go online

A lot of the bread in the US will no longer be kosher