New York - Mayor Bloomberg says his iPad saves paper - but the touchscreen is a challenge


New York - Mayor Bloomberg wants to run New York with his iPad.

The tech-savvy mayor showed off his new tablet computer at a Staten Island civic meeting on Tuesday night, calling it a great way to save time and eliminate paper - though he's still fumbling with the touchscreen.

"I put some notes on it [that] normally I have on my cards, and we'll see whether or not this works," Bloomberg said as he showed the glowing screen to the Westerleigh Improvement Society. "Right away, I just went zipping off to the wrong place."

Mayoral scheduler Shea Fink suggested Bloomberg trade in his usual thick daily briefing book for a special iPad version, and Hizzoner - who made his fortune creating a computer system - immediately agreed.

"That would save us some time, and that's what we've got to do in this city," he said. "We're going to have to do it with less. So maybe we can use technology to do that."

But what else is on the mayoral touchscreen? "I don't know - I'm not there yet," the mayor confessed. "I haven't gotten that far."

Daily News

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Huge Japan Quake Cracked Open Seafloor

Index for a million documents on Polish Jewry to go online

A lot of the bread in the US will no longer be kosher