Palin: We gotta stand with our NORTH Korean allies


She could run for president in 2012 but Sarah Palin may want to brush up on her geography after confusing a major U.S. adversary for an ally.

In a radio interview with controversial talkshow host Glenn Beck, former Alaskan Governor Palin managed to confuse North Korea with South Korea.


Asked about the ongoing conflict between the two nations, Palin replied: 'Obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies.'

Palin is famously no stranger to foreign policy blunders, having been quoted in 2008 as saying Alaska is 'right over the border from Russia'.

Former vice presidential candidate Palin has been embraced by some sections of the Republican party for her traditional views and appeal to working class families but she is less popular with a former First Lady, it has emerged.

Speaking to CNN's Larry King alongside her husband George HW Bush, Barbara Bush appeared to advise Palin to stay out of national politics.

'I sat next to her once. Thought she was beautiful,' Mrs Bush said. 'And she's very happy in Alaska, and I hope she'll stay there.'

Palin, who has earned thousands on speaking tours since she and Senator John McCain lost to Barack Obama in the 2008 election, hit back at Mrs Bush and her social standing.

'I don't think the majority of Americans want to put up with the blue-bloods,' Palin said in a radio interview on the Laura Ingraham Show on Wednesday.

'With all due respect because I love the Bushes, the blue-bloods who want to pick and choose their winners instead of allowing competition.'

And if labelling North Korea an 'ally' and insulting a former First Lady wasn't enough, Palin also criticised the current First Lady and her health initiatives.

Palin claimed Michelle Obama's anti-obesity showed she 'cannot trust parents to make decisions for their own children, for their own families in what we should eat'.

The self-styled 'hockey mom' continued: 'And I know I'm going to be again criticised for bringing this up, but instead of a government thinking that they need to take over and make decisions for us according to some politician or politician's wife priorities, just leave us alone, get off our back, and allow us as individuals to exercise our own God-given rights to make our own decisions and then our country gets back on the right track.'

But while the ex-Alaskan Governor is taking past and present First Ladies, the current President laughed off suggestions that Palin could be a tough adversary in 2012.

'I don't think about Sarah Palin,' Barack Obama said in an interview with ABC’s Barbara Walters.

'Obviously, Sarah Palin has a strong base of support in the Republican Party, and I respect those skills.

'But I spend most of my time right now on how I can be the best possible president. 

'And my attitude has always been, from the day I started this job that if I do a good job and if I'm delivering for the American people, the politics will take care of itself.'

He added: 'If I falter and the American people are dissatisfied, then I'll have problems.'

Palin said last week that she is seriously considering a presidental bid in 2012.

And the woman dunned the 'Lipstick Pitbull' said she could beat Obama.

'I believe I could,' Palin said.

A survey released Monday showed that Obama has an 8 per cent edge over Palin if the election were held now, though 49 per cent said the President did not deserve a second term.

Daily Mail

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Huge Japan Quake Cracked Open Seafloor

Index for a million documents on Polish Jewry to go online

A lot of the bread in the US will no longer be kosher