76-Year-Old Jewish Woman Finds Swastikas Scrawled on Apartment


The Charleston Police Department is investigating a vandalism in West Ashley where five swastikas were drawn on the outside of a 76-year-old Jewish woman's apartment.

On Sunday afternoon, police responded to the Spanish Oaks apartments on Ashley River Road. The victim, Estelle Whitney, told police that five swastikas were drawn on the outside of her apartment.

"Some of my friends came to pick me up a little before 11 a.m. for brunch," Whitney said. "We came back maybe around 2:30 p.m. and as I was opening my door, on the corner of my eye, I could see something was near the door. It was a swastika."

Whitney said she found four more swastikas throughout the outside wall of her apartment.

"I was shaking because you see my whole family in Europe died in concentration camps," Whitney said.

Whitney said she does not know who did this but wants to find out why they did it. Whitney and a manager at the apartment complex took photos of the symbols before they were erased.

Officials with Charleston police say they have increased their presence in the area. If you have any information you are asked to call police at 577-7434 or Crime Stoppers at 554-1111.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Huge Japan Quake Cracked Open Seafloor

Index for a million documents on Polish Jewry to go online

A lot of the bread in the US will no longer be kosher