Westchester County Couple Claims They Are Being Shocked Out Of Their House

A Westchester County couple claims stray voltage has turned their lives into a nightmare and is forcing them out of their home.

Harold and Mildred Mendelson, of Pound Ridge, allege a faulty power substation near their home is sending electric currents all around their property and giving them frequent shocks.

The couple also claims they had to euthanize their dog because the voltage made her chew the skin off her legs.

The Mendelsons have filed a lawsuit against New York State Electric and Gas for $2.3 million, which is the value of the home they’ve lived in for 25 years.

“My husband bought it so that he could enjoy it for the property; we bought it for the property,” Mildred Mendelson told 1010 WINS. “We had barns and horses and we can’t have them anymore, can’t have animals. It’s very depressing.”

Mildred said her husband cleared out his bank account for a new house and will turn over the property to NYSEG.

“We’re moving out, we can’t stay here, it’s dangerous,” Harold Mendelson said. “They’re not competently taking care of the problem so we’re looking for another place to live.”

The utility said the couple’s claims are false.


Popular posts from this blog

10 explosive devices found in Netanya

Muslim owner of torched Paris kosher shop: ‘I just feel sick’